Handshake offers research recording tool to students
Handshake, Nebraska's new career platform, now offers a research recording tool for students who want to showcase their skills to potential employers.
The tool allows students to list all paid or volunteer research experiences, including participation in UCARE. A faculty mentor must first confirm participation in the research activity.
Students can follow the instructions below to record their experiences:
- After creating a Handshake profile, click “Career Center” and select “Experiences,” then “Request an Experience”
- Complete the Details section and set Experience Type as “Undergraduate Research – Report a Position – Fall 2018” from the drop-down menu
- Complete the Employer section
- Complete the Job section, and for Job, input “Undergraduate Researcher”
- For Job Type, select “Experiential Learning” from the drop-down menu
- Complete the Approvers section by providing a relevant faculty mentor’s email address
- Complete the General section and click “Request Experience”
For more information, contact Justina Clark at email@example.com.