The Office of Global Strategies seeks partners to host International Education Week events.
The celebration, Nov. 12-16, is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that prepare Americans for global interactions. The week is intended to attract future leaders to take part in exchange experiences. It also highlights international diversity and promotes the opportunity to experience new cultures.
International Education Week is celebrated in more than 100 countries.
The Office of Global Strategies will publicize all campus events. Departments, offices and student organizations interested in participating should contact Courtney Van Hoosen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 9.
A calendar of events, which will be updated as needed, is available online.
Common International Education Week event ideas include:
- Opportunities for education abroad within departments
- Education abroad presentations by students
- Students discussing their home countries
- Foreign language conversations or workshops
- Open houses
- Cultural fairs, dances, art exhibits or musical performances
- Panel presentations, keynote lectures, international career panels or lectures