Fascination of Plants Day, hosted by the Center for Plant Science Innovation and Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. May 18 at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Maxwell Arboretum.
The day of activities is a worldwide celebration of plants and nature, first organized by the European Plant Science Organization five years ago.
“Fascination of Plants Day is a fun, family-appropriate event for anyone interested in plants,” said Rebecca Roston, assistant professor of biochemistry and head of the Center for Plant Science Innovation Education and Outreach. “Come and see the amazing research done at the university that helps make Nebraska farms strong and on the cutting edge of plant research.”
Activities throughout the day include:
- Live music from Jazzocracy, 2 p.m.
- Free plants for home and garden, including tree seedlings from the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum
- Discussion with Nebraska Master Gardeners
- Plant art with LUX Center for the Arts
- Learn about hops, grasses, soybeans and more
Event will be moved to Nebraska’s Hardin Hall, 3310 Holdrege St., in case of inclement weather.