Chancellor Ronnie Green will lead a universitywide Celebration of Service, honoring more than 1,000 faculty and staff, on Sept. 25.
“Our community is one of 6,500 faculty and staff who work hard every day to deliver on our mission of enthusiasm and heart,” Green said. “This event is an opportunity to celebrate the talent and dedication of our people.”
Below is the information you need to navigate the Service Awards reception, ceremony and picnic lunch.
Celebration of Service — Sept. 25
Free and open to all University of Nebraska–Lincoln faculty and staff
9 to 11 a.m. — Reception for Service Award winners at the Lied Center for Performing Arts. Award recipients can pick up awards in the Steinhart Room. Coffee social offered in the Orchestra Lobby.
11 to 11:45 a.m. — Celebration of Service ceremony at Kimball Recital Hall. Includes a historic overview by Rick Alloway, associate professor of broadcasting; presentation of honors to employees celebrating 45- and 50-year work anniversaries; and program honoring winners of significant honors at Kimball Recital Hall.
Noon — University picnic, Van Brunt Visitors Center. This event has been moved indoors due to the threat of rain. The free meal will include a barbecue beef sandwich or vegetarian option, chips, cookie, Dairy Store ice cream and Pepsi products.
A list of University of Nebraska–Lincoln Service Award winners is available online. The 50- and 45-year recipients are:
- Edward Becker, Philosophy
- Roger Bruning, Educational Psychology
- Allan Peterson, Mathematics
- Brett Ratcliffe, Entomology
- Jacqueline Wilken, Athletics
- Douglas Carlson, University Television
- Kathleen Johnson, University Libraries
- Danny Ladely, Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center
- Leann Messing, English
- Kenneth Nickerson, Biological Sciences
- Lee Peshek, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center
- Helen Sexton, Political Science
- Richard Shaw, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center
- Anthony Starace, Physics and Astronomy
- Margaret Van Diest, University Libraries
- Jane Wemhoff, University Housing