· 3 min read
CASNR Week activities kick off April 8
The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln has designated April 8-15 as CASNR Week. The 17th annual event celebrates the successes of all CASNR students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The CASNR Week Program Council, a student organization, has planned several events during the week to showcase and honor the college. According to Amanda Clymer, a senior agricultural economics major and co-president of the organization, the team has been making plans for CASNR Week since last fall.
“This week of celebration is planned, organized and executed by CASNR students,” Clymer said. “The events are really meant to bring everyone together to celebrate what makes this college so special.”
CASNR Week starts with a 5K Fun Run beginning at 9 a.m. April 8 on the East Campus Mall. No preregistration is required to participate. For event information and a course map, click here.
The CASNR Week Awards Banquet is April 9 at the Nebraska Union. In addition to awards presented to current students, faculty and staff, the CASNR Alumni Association will also honor distinguished alumni.
A blood drive with the Nebraska Community Blood Bank, free lunch at the East Union and a community night involving elementary schools near East Campus are other events scheduled for the week. CASNR Week will conclude with the 59th annual University of Nebraska-Lincoln Rodeo April 14-15 at the Lancaster Event Center.
“With a variety of events and opportunities, there are numerous ways students can participate and celebrate CASNR,” Clymer said.
CASNR Week Schedule:
- Love Hall Chili Feed – 6 to 8 p.m. April 7, Love Hall
- Bull-a-Thon Bowling Tournament –7 to 11 p.m. April 7, Lanes ‘N Games, East Union
- CASNR 5K Fun Run – 9 a.m. April 8, East Campus Mall
- Burr-Fedde-Love Bull Fry – 4 to 8 p.m. April 8, Burr Hall
- CASNR Week Banquet – 5 p.m. April 9, Nebraska Union
- Nebraska Community Blood Bank Blood Drive –9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 10, mobile unit on East Campus Mall
- CASNR Education Abroad Leaders Luncheon – noon to 12:50 p.m. April 10, East Union
- Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management Cookie Bake-Off – 2 to 4 p.m. April 10, East Campus Recreation and Wellness Demonstration Kitchen
- Lunch on the Lawn –11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 11, Great Plains Room, East Union
- Community Night – 5 to 7 p.m. April 11, Great Plains Room, East Union
- Club Advisor Luncheon – noon to 12:50 p.m. April 12, East Union
- Heuermann Lecture – 4:30 p.m. April 12, Nebraska Innovation Campus
- Spatterganza Forensic Science Fundraiser – 5 to 7 p.m. April 12, Filley Hall
- Ron and Marilyn Hanson Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Luncheon – noon to 12:50 p.m. April 13, East Union
- Sigma Alpha/Alpha Gamma Rho Hog Roast – 5 to 8 p.m. April 13, Alpha Gamma Rho House
- University of Nebraska Rodeo Association Rodeo – 7 p.m. April 14; and 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. April 15; Lancaster Event Center
- University of Nebraska Rodeo Kid’s Day – 1 p.m. April 15, Lancaster Event Center
For more information, contact CASNR Week Program Council advisers Karen Jackson at 402-472-7903 or Diane Wasser at 402-472-6251.