Traffic flows along 14th Street in front of the University of Nebraska’s original Teachers College Hall in an image from the 1930s. Construction of Teachers College Hall, now part of Canfield Administration Building, was completed in 1919. It was built on the east edge of the University of Nebraska’s campus boundaries. The building is constructed of red pressed brick with Bedford limestone trim. Prior to the construction and attachment of the administration building on the south, Teachers College Hall featured a three story Palladian window (shown in photo) that illuminated a central stairwell. Canfield Administration Building was attached to Teachers College at the stairwell in 1957.
For more information on UNL Today’s “Photo of the Day” series or to submit photo ideas, send email to email@example.com or call 402-472-8515.