The Lincoln Community Foundation hosts the third “Give to Lincoln Day” on May 29. The event is a 24-hour fundraiser for local nonprofit organizations, including some from the University of Nebraska.
Every nonprofit organization will receive a proportional share of a $300,000 challenge match grant offered by the foundation and participating sponsors. The share will be based upon the percentage of dollars raised by each participating nonprofit.
Give to Lincoln Day participants from UNL include:
- Camp Kesem UNL
- Friends of Opera UNL
- Friends of the Lied Center for Performing Arts
- Friends of the Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center
- Friends of the Robert Hillestad Textiles Gallery
- Friends of the University of Nebraska State Museum
- Friends of the University Press
- Medici Foundation (support for Department of Art and Art History)
- Nebraska Art Association (support for Sheldon Museum of Art)
- Nebraska Statewide Arboretum
- Phi Delta Kappa International
- Spectrum UNL
- University of Nebraska Foundation
Information on each participating nonprofit organization is available on the Give to Lincoln website.
The event runs from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. May 29. Gifts can be made online at http://givetolincoln.razoo.com or at the Lincoln Community Foundation, 215 Centennial Mall South.