All members of the community are invited to attend the second annual Nebraska Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Impact Awards ceremony, which is 6 p.m. April 13 at the Willa Cather Dining Complex, Red Cloud A. the event will also be available via a livestream.
The awards recognize individuals and groups who actively advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in transformative and sustainable ways, at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The event opens with a small reception followed by the awarding of honors.
Those to be honored during the ceremony and their awards are:
- Diversity Leadership Faculty Award — Cynthia Willis-Esqueda;
- Diversity Leadership Staff Award — Colette Yellow Robe;
- Promising Leader Award: Undergraduate Student — Emily Cheramie;
- Promising Leader Award; Graduate/Professional Student — Kaitlin Tademy; and
- Collective Impact Award — Nebraska Extension’s Reaching One, Reaching All.
“This year there was an astounding and inspiring list of nominees across the categories, the transformative work of inclusive excellence is evident in the efforts of so many faculty, staff, student, and organizations,” said Nkenge Friday, assistant vice chancellor for strategic initiatives. “The Nebraska DEI Impact Awards are designed to highlight these efforts, providing a platform for additional engagement of this work while lauding the initiatives driven by leaders across our institution.”