Seven faculty named fellows for student success
The Executive Vice Chancellor’s Office has announced its second cohort of Faculty Fellows for Student Success. The seven fellows are:
- Jenny Dauer, assistant professor, natural resources
- Ken Bloom, professor, physics and astronomy
- Libby Jones, associate chair and professor, civil engineering
- Lindsey Bahe, associate professor and program director, interior design
- Srivatsan Kidambi, associate professor, chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Steve Kolbe, associate professor, Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film
- Tawnya Means, assistant dean, College of Business; assistant professor of practice, management
"I am thrilled there is so much interest in faculty development and leadership opportunities surrounding student success at Nebraska," said Amy Goodburn, senior associate vice chancellor and dean of undergraduate education. "This program contributes to the university's strategic vision that every person and every interaction matters. When students succeed, the university succeeds."
Throughout the academic year, the fellows will meet bimonthly with directors of academic support and engagement units. They will focus on gaining expertise on leading change at the university by reviewing research literature, studying data, and discussing university initiatives surrounding student success.