The “Nebraska Young Artist Awards/Statewide High School Invitational” exhibition opens March 10 at the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery in Richards Hall.
The exhibition, which is part of the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts’ Nebraska Young Artist Awards, runs March 10-24.
An opening reception will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. March 10 in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery, where the winners of the visual arts component of the Nebraska Young Artist Awards will be announced. Those works will then be reinstalled in the MEDICI Gallery, also in Richards Hall, and be on view until April 7.
Winners will also be invited to a day of activities on April 5, with the other Nebraska Young Artist Award winners in music, dance, theater and film.
The Nebraska Young Artist Awards annually recognize Nebraska high school juniors who are talented in art, music, dance, theater or film and new media. This is the 20th year for the awards.
Schools were invited to nominate one student to participate in the juried exhibition.
The 34 students participating in the exhibition include:
- Deanna Allen, Lincoln North Star
- Emily Anthone, Duchesne Academy
- Eloy Lopez Banderas, Omaha South Magnet
- Chloe Barkow, Superior
- Dylan Bobbett, Fremont
- Madeline Caniglia, Omaha Burke
- Therese Chohon, Bishop Neumann
- Melanie Dowding, Omaha Central
- Hailey Ekross, Ainsworth
- T.J. (Tyrone) Foster, Creighton Prep
- Tiffany Hovendick, Milford
- Mackenna Hunt, Southern Valley
- Gannon Ingalls, Shelby-Rising City
- Makenzi Isaac, Raymond Central
- Mary Johnson, Bellevue East
- Vanessa Klein, Pius X
- Emily Knust, Verdigre
- Maria Koliopoulos, Skutt Catholic
- Torrie Long, Roncalli Catholic
- Taylor Martin, Waverly
- Ty Maxson, Lincoln Southeast
- Danielle Meyer, Oakland-Craig
- Tara Mueller, Exeter-Milligan
- Abigail Ostdiek, Aurora
- Grace Pisutlka, Wilcox-Hildreth
- Ellie Powers, Malcolm
- Maia Ramsay, Lincoln High
- Tyler Rice, Norris
- Talia Robertus, Gering
- Natalie Rosentrater, Wallace
- Paul Smith, Howells-Dodge Consolidated
- Sara Wertenberger, Falls City Sacred Heart
- Brittany Williams, Cambridge
- Ashley Woosley, Holdrege
Gallery hours for the exhibition are 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Admission is free and open to the public.