· 2 min read
Nebraska Engineering’s Senior Design Showcase is May 6
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln College of Engineering’s 2022 Senior Design Showcase, Nebraska’s premier undergraduate engineering student design event, is 1 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, May 6, at the Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center.
The event will showcase new and innovative projects from 67 teams of graduating students from across the college. Their projects reflect real-world professional challenges, environments and, in some cases, collaborations with industry clients to develop products and devices that could have immediate impacts.
Among the projects on display are:
- Four engineers repurposing spent coffee grounds to create dimethyl ether — a sustainable, economically sound green fuel that reduces emissions of NOx, hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide.
- The design of a green, sustainable stormwater management system for the Douglas County Environmental Services building in Omaha, featuring natural filtration of pollutants using plants.
- A redesign of a pneumatic leg press workout machine used by multiple sclerosis patients to include an emergency pressure release system and an adjustable chair.
- A cross-platform mobile and web app that operates as both a dual-channel function generator and an oscilloscope for use in an Advanced Embedded Systems course; and
- A virtual reality app that allows prospective Husker students to take a tour of Memorial Stadium and explore School of Computing majors, research and engineering principles.
Team members will be on-hand to demonstrate and discuss their projects. Their booths will be in Rooms A and B on the first floor and in the Banquet Hall on the second floor. Guests are encouraged to vote for their favorite project at the People’s Choice Award Voting Station in the Banquet Hall.
For more information about the Senior Design Showcase, click here, where there are short descriptions of the projects and links to university parking and campus maps.
For more information, contact Emili Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-554-3562 or Karl Vogel at email@example.com or 402-472-0451.