Logan Heggy with American Fence Company works to enclose Miller Hall on June 10. The 113-year-old building is being demolished this summer and will be replaced with a plaza connecting the East Union to Massengale Residential Center.
Funded through a $40,000 appropriation by the Nebraska Legislature, the building was known as the Judging Pavilion when it opened in 1908. The simple two-story structure features common red brick with sandstone trim and a slate roof. It was originally used for stock and grain judging. A fire in 1931 resulted in a remodel and the building was renamed Animal Husbandry Hall. It was named Miller Hall in 1972.
Most recently, Miller Hall was home to the Engler Agribusiness Entrepreneurship Program. The program recently moved to its new home in the Dinsdale Family Learning Commons (formerly known as C.Y. Thompson Library).
Learn more about Miller Hall and the university's historic architecture.
Social media photos this week
Did you know University Communication offers an ever-expanding digital photo archive? Learn more about campus images and how to access them.