The Office of Sustainability is hosting three virtual question and answer sessions Nov. 17, 19 and 23 on recycling changes being piloted in eight buildings across campus.
New recycling containers and signage will be installed in Alexander Building, Andersen Hall, Canfield Administration Building, Hamilton Hall, Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center and Van Brunt Visitors Center on City Campus, as well as Agricultural Hall, Filley Hall, Food Industrial Complex and Hardin Hall on East Campus, beginning Dec. 1.
The updated containers and signage are designed to better educate students, faculty and staff on what can be recycled with the hopes of diverting more waste from the landfill.
Morgan Hartman, project coordinator for recycling services, will be present at the Zoom sessions to answer any questions building occupants may have about the project. Those interested in attending can join the call at any time.
Session times include:
- Nov. 17, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. — https://unl.zoom.us/j/96730687597
- Nov. 19, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. — https://unl.zoom.us/j/98832897754
- Nov. 23, 12 to 1 p.m. — https://unl.zoom.us/j/94375007721
Hartman will also host two follow-up question and answer sessions in mid-December, after the bins have been installed.
Follow-up sessions are scheduled for:
- Dec. 15, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. — https://unl.zoom.us/j/97759353217
- Dec. 16, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. — https://unl.zoom.us/j/95444531855