For the eighth time, students and faculty from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management program will work with members, patrons and staff at Augusta National Golf Club for the 2022 Masters Tournament.
The group left March 31 and began training in Augusta, Georgia, April 1. The Nebraska students and instructor Kelly Abdelmassih will serve in a variety of roles for tournament operations. The contingent will return April 12.
“Our hospitality management students receive an incredible experience, including a firsthand view into the club industry,” said Abdelmassih, assistant professor of practice in hospitality, restaurant and tourism management. “This year, we have a record 22 students who were selected to participate, including a few who are PGA golf management majors. We are thrilled to continue this relationship with Augusta National and look forward to returning next year.”
About 2,000 hospitality professionals are needed to provide service to participants, members and patrons of the golf club during the tournament’s April 7-10 run.
The university’s contingent includes:
- Eagle: Peyton Edwards
- Elsie: Juliana Rosentrater
- Hartington: Maizie Christensen
- Lincoln: Jennifer Barnard, Matt Duhs, Emmaline Gevelinger, Kathleen Howland, Savannah Mayer, Sam Pella
- Norfolk: Aleesha Bergman, Brooklinn Dahlheim
- Omaha: Mayah Delgado-Walker, Ella Elliott, Mariah Kramer, Alexis Martin, Dalia Nabulsi, Hilary Simpson
Elsewhere in the U.S.
- Sioux City, Iowa: Matilyn Short
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: Ava Bebler
- Webster Groves, Missouri: Sarah Frances Brown
- Argyle, Texas: Allison Moore
- Greenville, Wisconsin: Rebecca Ellers