· 2 min read
Husker team named finalist in Bateman competition
A team from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s College of Journalism and Mass Communications has been named a finalist in the Public Relations Student Society of America’s Bateman Case Study Competition.
The top three teams will present to a panel of judges May 13 to compete for first place. Joining Nebraska in the finals is California State University, Long Beach, and Loyola University New Orleans.
The 2021 Bateman competition focuses on reversing the corrosion of civility in American life and fostering more constructive and inclusive public discourse in all corners of society. The competition was open to the 370-plus PRSSA-affiliated chapters and challenged student teams to research, plan, implement and evaluate a public relations campaign centered on enhancing civility.
Following is a list of Nebraska’s Bateman team members, listed by hometown with their year in school and major(s):
- Columbus: Emerson Belitz, senior, advertising and public relations
- North Platte: Morgan Libsack, senior, advertising and public relations
- Lincoln: Hallie Miller, senior, advertising and public relations
- Wahoo: Kateri Hartman, senior, advertising and public relations, and journalism
- Walton: Arielle Wiedenbeck, senior, advertising and public relations, and political science
Monique Farmer, assistant professor of practice in advertising and public relations, leads the team. LeAnne Morman is the professional adviser.