The Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services is inducting their fourth class into the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame, 5 to 5:45 p.m. Oct. 1 in the Nebraska Union, Swanson Auditorium.
The hall of fame was created to honor outstanding multicultural alumni of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln who have made a significant impact on students, university and community.
The ceremony, which is part of Multicultural Homecoming at Nebraska, is free and open to the public. All recipients of the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame embody inclusive excellence and continue to create positive and sustainable change in the community. The recognition is given to individuals who continue to serve as an advocate and support for students. Their leadership and continued support make them role models to the Husker community.
The 2021 Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame award winners are:
- Romulo “R.J.” Vega, Mexican American Student Association
- Cynthia K. Gooch-Grayson, Afrikan Peoples Union
- Vernon J Miller, University of Nebraska Inter-Tribal Exchange
- Chau Nguyen, Asian Student Union
- Kalu Osiri, Dr. Michael W. Combs Legacy Award
- Marty Ramirez, JGMC Influencer Award.