Awards coordinated by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor have been announced for 2022. These honor faculty and staff who advance the missions of the university in teaching, research and service. Recipients will be recognized at The Laurels award reception in the fall.
College Distinguished Teaching Awards recognize faculty with excellence in teaching.
- Moe Alahmad, associate professor, Architectural Engineering and Construction
- Katie Anania, assistant professor, Art, Art History and Design
- Elaine Chan, associate professor, Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education
- Clayton Cressler, associate professor, Biological Sciences
- Huijing Du, assistant professor, Mathematics
- Julia Frengs, associate professor, Modern Languages and Literatures
- Carrie Hanson-Bradley, assistant professor of practice, Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Lisa Karr, professor, Animal Science
- Troy Smith, assistant professor, Management
- Pascha Sotolongo Stevenson, assistant professor of practice, English
- Hideo Suzuki, assistant professor, Educational Psychology
- Adam Thimmesch, Margaret R. Larson Professor, Law
- Olha Tytarenko, associate professor of practice, Modern Languages and Literatures
- Stephanie Valentine, assistant professor of practice, Computer Science and Management
- Hope Wabuke, assistant professor, English
The Harold & Esther Edgerton Junior Faculty Award honors outstanding junior faculty members who demonstrate creative research, extraordinary teaching abilities, and academic promise.
- Anthony Justin McMechan, assistant professor, Entomology
The Annis Chaikin Sorensen Award recognizes outstanding teaching in the humanities.
- Roland Végsö, professor, English
The James O’Hanlon Academic Leader Award honors a full-time faculty or staff member who demonstrates exceptional abilities to lead, serve, inspire, and collaborate on the academic goals of the university. The award is named for Dr. James O’Hanlon, who served the university in academic leadership positions for over 30 years.
- Dawn O. Braithwaite, Willa Cather Professor, Communication Studies
The Nancy Kenny Academic Business Leader Award recognizes a full-time faculty or staff member who has demonstrated exceptional collaborative leadership in academic business matters at the university. The award is named for Nancy Kenny, who served the university in business leadership positions across the campus.
- Jack Dohrman, university space manager, Facilities Planning and Capital Programs
The Dr. Charles Riedesel Outstanding Academic Advising Award honors an exceptional faculty or staff member for advising services beyond basic job duties and responsibilities to provide support, empowerment, coaching, counseling, and guidance to help undergraduate students succeed academically and in life. The award is named for Dr. Charles Riedesel, former advisor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department, who devoted much of his time to recruiting and advising computer science and engineering majors.
- Jacqueline Mattingly, assistant professor of practice, Music and interim associate dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
The Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Award recognizes a full-time faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in mentoring and supporting undergraduate researchers’ educational and career paths through their availability, attentiveness, encouragement, and understanding.
- Kristi Montooth, Susan J. Rosowski Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
The Exceptional Excellence Award recognizes a staff member who has exceeded in their job expectations and significantly contributed to the success of a faculty member's teaching and/or research.
- Steve Blum, senior workstation support associate, Information Technology Client Services
The Dennis Molfese, Sue Venteicher, and David Hansen Hero Award recognizes a faculty member, staff member, or student whose courageous and unselfish act saved the life of another person.
- Paul Springer, professor, Child, Youth and Family Studies, and associate dean, College of Education and Human Sciences
The University of Nebraska Staff Kudos Award — Academic Affairs is a university-wide honor presented by the NU Regents to celebrate staff who go above and beyond in their work for the university. This award will be recognized at a future Board of Regents meeting.
- Alex Fernando, recruitment coordinator, College of Journalism and Mass Communications