First Generation Nebraska is seeking faculty and staff feedback for programming, as well as soliciting board member applications for the upcoming academic year.
This organization promotes visibility of first generation scholars, organizes networking and social programs and provides professional development workshops.
In an effort to more clearly understand their audience needs, First Generation Nebraska is asking for direct feedback in regards to First Generation Nebraska programming. The survey should take no more than five minutes to complete.
Advisory board members
The advisory board — comprised of faculty, staff and students — develops, implements and assesses First Generation Nebraska programs and events. They are currently soliciting applications for faculty and staff First Generation Nebraska Advisory Board members for 2021-2022. The advisory board meets three times a semester during the academic year and during the summer as needed to address the following areas:
- First-Generation Student Belonging, Networking and Engagement
- Faculty and Staff Development on Supporting First-Gen Scholars
- First-Gen Alumni and Community Engagement
- Organizational Capacity and Infrastructure
In an effort to create a more inclusive board, they are actively recruiting representatives from the following identified campus areas.
- Faculty/Staff from the following Academic Colleges - Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, and Engineering
- Alumni Association
- Members at Large
- Current Graduate Representative (one year term)
To apply for the advisory board, click here and describe your interest and relevant experience by 11:59 p.m. April 2.
To enroll in the First Generation Nebraska mailing list to receive updates and invitations to events, sign up here.