Eight Huskers have been named winners in the sixth and final week of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s voluntary COVID-19 Vaccine Registry giveaway.
Ending this week, the prize drawings are open to all students (undergraduate, graduate and professional-degree seeking) and university employees who are vaccinated against COVID-19 and register their status with the online registry. Eight prizes were awarded weekly, seven to students and one to faculty/staff.
Of the eight awards announced Aug. 17, seven were new and one carried over from the drawing announced Aug. 10. The Aug. 17 winners, their college/department and prize are:
- Kimberly Carroll Steward, Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (year-long membership to Nebraska Innovation Studio)
- Nicholas Gay, Business (smart watch)
- Michelle Guarro Sanchez, Business (Husker gear)
- Amarillo Mullen, Journalism and Mass Communications (weekly Dairy Store ice cream for two)
- Anjaneshwar Ganesan, Arts and Sciences ($250 in Dining Dollars)
- Alexander Johnson, Public Affairs and Community Service (Campus Recreation all-access bundle)
- Ashton Mazour, extension assistant, Nebraska Extension (Champions Club football season passes)
A prize from the drawing announced Aug. 10 has also been claimed. The winner is:
- Phuong Tran, Arts and Sciences, Business (Campus Recreation all-access bundle)
Announced June 23 by Chancellor Ronnie Green, the registry allows all vaccinated undergraduate, graduate and professional degree-seeking students, as well as faculty and staff, to record their status and earn an entry for prize giveaways. Participants also earn an exemption from university plans for regular saliva-based COVID-19 testing in the fall.
Participants are eligible for the weekly prize drawings, as well as grand prizes — which include (for all students) five awards worth a year of resident undergraduate tuition and fees ($9,872), and (for faculty/staff) a trip for two to watch the Husker football game in Ireland in August 2022.
Overall, the eight weekly drawings for smaller prizes (including meal plans, Husker gear, massages, free parking and Husker ticket packages) will continue through Aug. 17. The grand prize drawings will be held after Aug. 15. A full list of prizes is available here.
Winners are notified every Friday afternoon via email at the address provided via the voluntary vaccine registry. Those selected have 72 hours to respond to accept the prize award.
The registry allows users to submit name, NUID number, preferred email, affiliation with the university, details on vaccine type and dates received, and upload documentation. The registry is open to all students, faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated. All vaccines approved by the World Health Organization and recognized by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department are accepted for the registry and the prize drawing. Details are available in the registry.
Details on vaccination availability can be found here.
More details on the university’s plans to return to primarily in-person, full-capacity instruction, the voluntary vaccine registry and weekly prize drawings are available on the university’s COVID-19 website.