The University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s School of Art, Art History and Design will present the work of graduating undergraduate students in the upcoming Spring 2022 Capstone Exhibition, which will have both online and in-person components.
This biannual experience is held at the end of the fall and spring semesters and presents the work of graduating Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts seniors in studio art and graphic design. The exhibition is a culmination of student coursework and exploration.
“With this capstone semester, the class split our efforts between preparing our best work for the exhibition and meeting with leaders across Nebraska’s art scene to better join our creative community,” said Byron Anway, assistant professor of practice.
The exhibition features 48 students presenting work in both studio art and graphic design.
The studio art exhibition will be on display in the Eisentrager•Howard Gallery from May 2-13. A closing reception will be 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 13 in the gallery with awards being announced during the reception.
Gallery hours for the exhibition are 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Admission to the gallery is free and open to the public.
The graphic design exhibition will be May 11-13 in the Nebraska Union, Centennial Room. Open hours will be noon to 5 p.m. daily. A closing reception is 5 to 7 p.m. May 13.
A digital presentation of capstone projects will be available beginning May 2. Viewers will find a page for each student that contains information on their personal research as well as links to further information like websites, CVs, social media handles and more.
Participants (listed alphabetically and from Nebraska if no state is noted) in the 2022 Capstone Exhibition are:
- Rayetta Benson, ceramics, Omaha
- Cody Bye, printmaking, Lincoln
- Daniela Chávez, photography, Grand Island
- Caitlin Hoppe, painting, Lincoln
- Gannen Ingalls, sculpture, Shelby
- Chloe Iossi, painting, Arlington
- Alexia Jacobmeier, photography and painting, Bellevue
- Ceyenna Kanne, interdisciplinary art and psychology, Lincoln
- Angela Kent, ceramics, Omaha
- Mya Levitch, painting, Overland Park, Kansas
- Nancy Nguyen, drawing and painting, Lincoln
- Hannah Petri, ceramics, Omaha
- Cicely Pickel, printmaking, Davey
- Javier Rivera, painting, Omaha
- Taren Stander, photography, Elmwood
- Reilly Woodward, drawing, Gretna
- Libby Allan, Kearney
- Andrea Atkinson, Omaha
- Ryan Bromm, Bennington
- Connor Bruggeman, Lincoln
- Misty Cao, Omaha
- Halley Geist, Papillion
- Noah Giron, Omaha
- Maria Guiza Beltran
- Serena Hackett, Omaha
- Hallie Haffner, Elkhorn
- Macie Hanway, Lincoln
- Avery Hemmerling, Lincoln
- Jake Hering, Lincoln
- Molly Houser, Lincol.
- Ashley Jakubowski, Columbus
- Vanessa Jimenez, South Sioux City
- Emma Kopplin, Omaha
- Kristen Labadie, Lincoln
- Karen Martinez, Norfolk
- Grace McDonald, Phillips
- Ben Meiergerd, West Point
- Agustin Mendez, Lincoln
- Lindsey Musil, Lincoln
- Johnathan O’Keeffe, Hastings
- Yangjian (Steven) Rui, Lincoln
- Megan Schulte-Covert, Lincoln
- Lizzie Sukstorf, Lincoln
- Amy Tran, Omaha
- Simon Turner, Lincoln
- Dylan Wittmuss, Omaha
- Muskan Yadav, Lincoln
- Mackenzie Zaruba, Holdrege