Featuring work from the School of Art, Art History and Design, the Biennial Faculty and Staff Exhibition will be on display from Oct. 1 through Nov. 5 in the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery of Richards Hall.
An opening reception will be held 5-7 p.m. Oct. 1 in the gallery. A closing reception, also in the gallery, will be held 5-7 p.m. Nov. 5.
Participating artists will include:
- Christy Aggens, student services coordinator (painting)
- Byron Anway, assistant professor of practice-foundations (painting/printmaking)
- Margaret Bohls, associate professor of art (ceramics)
- Ben Evjen, assistant professor of practice of graphic design (graphic design)
- Jesse Fleming, assistant professor of emerging media arts (multidisciplinary)
- Andrea Gruber, assistant to the director (graphite drawing)
- Aaron Holz, professor of art (painting)
- Chris Irvin, lecturer (interdisciplinary)
- Jen Landis, assistant professor of practice in graphic design (graphic design)
- Perry Obee, lecturer (printmaking)
- Matthew Sontheimer, associate professor of art (painting)
- Francisco Souto, professor of art, director (drawing)
- Sandra Williams, associate professor of art (cut paper)
“Faculty and staff members in this school exhibit their work across the country and around the world,” said Professor of Art Peter Pinnell. “Sometimes it feels as though they exhibit their artwork everywhere except in Lincoln, Nebraska. This exhibition gives us a chance to show the students and the Lincoln community the exceptional, professional work that is being produced by the members of this community: the School of Art, Art History and Design.”
Pinnell said the exhibition history dates back to at least the 1930s, when the School of Art was located in Morrill Hall and the Nebraska Art Association — the precursor to the Sheldon Museum of Art — was located on the floor above.
“It’s been held in a number of locations over the years, including in the Sheldon Museum of Art,” Pinnell said. “Since 2000, it’s been held in the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery. Beginning about 10 years ago, the faculty noticed that all of the staff in the school had art degrees and were practicing artists themselves. To acknowledge that fact, the exhibition was enlarged to become a faculty-staff exhibition.”
Gallery hours are 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Admission to the gallery is free and open to the public. Face masks are required indoors on campus. (For the latest information on COVID-19 protocols, visit https://covid19.unl.edu.) Bottled refreshments will be served at the receptions.
Richards Hall is located at Stadium Drive and T Street. All campus visitors must enter Richards Hall via the north doors if unaccompanied by a student, faculty or staff member. If greeted by an attendant at the stairs, please call (402) 472-5522 for further assistance.
For more information, contact the School of Art, Art History and Design at (402) 472-5522 or email email@example.com. Follow the Eisentrager-Howard Gallery on social media @eisentragerhoward to stay apprised of any updates to the exhibition or COVID-19 protocols.