20 seniors chosen as 2019 homecoming royalty finalists
Twenty senior students have been selected as University of Nebraska–Lincoln homecoming royalty finalists.
The homecoming royalty winners will be elected by the student body in an online vote Oct. 3. They will be crowned Oct. 5 at halftime of the Nebraska-Northwestern football game, which kicks off at 3 p.m. at Memorial Stadium.
Students nominated for homecoming royalty are listed below by hometown, with academic major(s) and parents' names.
- Chadron: Jayden Garrett, nutrition, exercise and health science, daughter of Chris and Julie Garrett.
- De Witt: Cheyenne Gerlach, integrated science, daughter of Rick and Amy Gerlach.
- Dodge: Braden Dvorak, agricultural economics, son of Dean and Tammy Dvorak.
- Elkhorn: Christina Berger, psychology, daughter of Paul and Renee Berger; Mary Greufe, elementary education, daughter of Jim and Nancy Greufe.
- Fordyce: Bryce Lammers, agribusiness, son of Lyle and Rhonda Lammers.
- Lincoln: Julia Messineo, management and human resources, daughter of Anthony and Claudia Messineo; Sydney Mickells, elementary and special education, daughter of Dan and Tiffany Mickells.
- Omaha: Lukas Hall, biochemistry, son of Ryan and Paula Hall; Morgan Holen, broadcasting, and advertising and public relations, daughter of Brad and Jodi Holen; Vinny Malene, actuarial science, son of Don and Dawn Malene; Kayla Ney, biological systems engineering, daughter of Kirk and Robin Ney; Jared Noetzel, psychology, son of Juergen and Sameena Noetzel.
Elsewhere in the U.S.:
- Colorado Springs: Andrea Harris, biological systems engineering, daughter of Michael Harris and Monica Meehan.
- Westminster: Tait McGowan, marketing, son of Michael and Molly McGowan.
- Panama City Beach: Allie Carlini, community health and wellness, daughter of Ulysses and Diane Carlini.
- Chicago: Ibraheem Hamzat, microbiology, son of Raheem Hamzat and Saidat Hameed.
- Naperville: Jake Modica, marketing, son of Scott and Kris Modica.
- Wichita: Spencer Jones, biochemistry, son of Dirk and Julie Jones.
- Maineville: David Weed, geography and political science, son of Daniel and Jane Weed.