Twenty senior students have been selected as University of Nebraska–Lincoln homecoming royalty finalists.
The royalty winners will be elected by the student body in an online vote Sept. 28 and 29. They will be crowned Oct. 1 at halftime of the Nebraska vs. Indiana football game, which kicks off at 6:30 p.m. in Memorial Stadium.
Students named to homecoming royalty are listed below by hometown, with their academic major(s) and parents’ names.
- Ainsworth: Sam Wilkins, agricultural engineering and agricultural economics, Brad and Wendy Wilkins.
- Burress: Mitchell Manning, agricultural economics, Kent and Cindy Manning.
- Gresham: William Wilton, child, youth and family studies, Roger and Kristin Wilton.
- Harvard: Ray Nierman, mathematics and business administration, Michael and Janel Nierman.
- Lincoln: Bhagya Pushkaran, political science and mathematics, Viji Pushkaran and Preetha Valsala; Christine Trinh, political science and economics, Yenchau Le and Son Trinh.
- Murray: Jacob Drake, political science, Curt and Debbie Drake.
- Omaha: Bekka Hitz, special education (7-12), Colleen McCoy and Tom Vincent, and Richard Hitz and Sandi Monaco-Hitz; Michael Ilg, biological sciences, Shawn and Anna Ilg, and Laura Schabloske and Mike Morgan.
- Paxton: Bennett Perlinger, management, Mark and Debby Perlinger.
- Wisner: Emily Hatterman, agricultural and environmental sciences communication, David and Sara Hatterman.
Elsewhere in the U.S.
- Bakersfield, California: Jessica Stump, psychology, Michael and Jillian Stump.
- Hanover Park, Illinois: Seth Caines, environmental engineering, Arturo Caines and Silvia Abel-Caines.
- Westmont, Illinois: Aleksandra Glowik, political science and psychology, Bogdan and Patrycja Glowik.
- Sioux City, Iowa: Kathrine Johnson, biological sciences, Leah Johnson.
- Buhler, Kansas: Tessa Yackley, civil engineering, Mark and Laura Yackley.
- Overland Park, Kansas: Regan Vaccaro, sports media and communications, and advertising and public relations, Peter and Kimberly Vaccaro.
- Rosemount, Minnesota: Jimmy Whebbe, finance and entrepreneurship, Jim and Heather Whebbe.
- Astoria, Oregon: Maria Heyen, international business and Clifton Builders Management, Rodney and Margaret Heyen.
- Pflugerville, Texas: Harrison Lloyd, economics and international business, Shawn Lloyd, and Amanda Lloyd-Gould and Greg Gould.