Twenty senior students have been selected as University of Nebraska–Lincoln homecoming royalty finalists.
The homecoming royalty will be elected by the student body in an online vote Oct. 27 and 28. They will be crowned Nov. 14 during halftime of the Nebraska-Penn State football game.
Students nominated for royalty are listed below by hometown, with academic major(s) and parents’ names.
- Blair: Erika Swenson, fisheries and wildlife, Roger and Kris Swenson.
- Columbus: Luke Bogus, management, Rick and Dawn Bogus, and Mary Sowers; Haley Faust, management, Cory and Tricia Faust.
- Grand Island: Mitch Fisher, advertising and public relations, Greg and Angie Fisher.
- Howells: Carter Bracht, biochemistry, Scott Bracht and Deb Wegner.
- Lincoln: Peyton Bash, biological sciences, and nutrition and health sciences, Daniel and Lisa Bash; Brennan Splichal, marketing, Lance and Heather Splichal.
- Omaha: Emma Clausen, computer science, Matthew and Anna Clausen; Lauren Kubat, accounting, Barry and Michelle Kubat; Olivia Stanek, communication studies (pre-law), Mark and Amy Stanek.
- Papillion: Kyler Caverzagie, actuarial science, Kevin and Karen Caverzagie.
- Smithfield: Cooper Grabenstein, agribusiness, Todd and Tricia Grabenstein.
- Lake Villa, Illinois: Logan Lewis, actuarial science, Jim and Michelle Lewis.
- Western Springs, Illinois: Lexie Karkazis, computer science, John and Jill Karkazis.
- Sioux City, Iowa: Kiley Boeshart, elementary education, Jim and Dawn Boeshart.
- Beloit, Kansas: Jared Long, political science and journalism, Ed and Lisa Long.
- Lawrence, Kansas: Cameron Stussie, music education, Larry and Lori Stussie.
- Olathe, Kansas: Lauren Niesen, actuarial science, Gil and Debra Niesen.
- Shawnee, Kansas: Emma Mantel, criminology and criminal justice, Brian and Andrea Mantel.
- Jalandhar, India: Salan Preet Kaur, biological sciences, Rabinder Singh and Palwinder Kaur.