Seventeen University of Nebraska–Lincoln students will be recognized as Chancellor’s Scholars during the undergraduate commencement ceremony Dec. 18 at Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Chancellor’s Scholars are students who have maintained 4.0 grade-point averages on all collegiate work at Nebraska and elsewhere.
Following is a list of Chancellor’s Scholars by hometown. The information includes academic major(s), college(s), and parents’ names.
- Devon Zurek, child, youth and family studies, College of Education and Human Sciences, Jeff and Darla Zurek.
- Rachel Jillian Baum, psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, Doug Baum and Jean Baum.
- Khiana Rose Blizek, finance, College of Business, Phil and Stacey Blizek.
- Parker Dayne Williams, mechanical engineering, College of Engineering, Lincoln and Kristi Williams.
- Kara L. Schlueter, nutrition and health sciences, College of Education and Human Sciences, Dan and Ann Schlueter.
- Hunter Joseph Belcastro, criminology and criminal justice, UNO College of Public Affairs and Community Service, Peter and Michele Belcastro Jr.
- Elizabeth Anne Griggs, chemistry, biochemistry and mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences, Marc Griggs and Angela Daigle.
- Sophia V. Lanphier, psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, Robert Lanphier and Deidra Lanphier.
- Allison Kate Pachunka, animal science, College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Scott and Kate Pachunka.
- Breson Gregory Pillen, construction management, College of Engineering, Keith and Barbara Pillen.
- Meredith R. Haubensak, nutrition and health sciences, College of Education and Human Sciences, James and Carrie Haubensak.
- Sarah Honey Burke, communication studies and Spanish, College of Arts and Sciences, Jeff and Lori Burke.
- Sesily Elizabeth Gaffey, nutrition, exercise and health science, College of Education and Human Sciences, Kayla Gaffey.
- Paxton Suzanne Brittingham, management, College of Business, Ryan and Kellie Brittingham.
Overland Park, Kansas:
- Robyn Jules MacDonald, mathematics and computer science, College of Arts and Sciences, Rich and Pearl MacDonald.
Bayan Lepas, Malaysia:
- Brenda Lee, graphic design, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, Lee Kok Ghee and Low Phaik See.
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia:
- Nur Azhani Nazifa Binti Azhar, mechanical engineering, College of Engineering, Azhar Kasan and Norhani Nordin.