· 3 min read
16 graduating students earn Honors Program awards
Sixteen graduating seniors have earned awards from the University Honors Program at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The students were selected from among 300-plus Honors graduates during the 2022-23 academic year.
The Outstanding Honors Leadership Award recognizes Honors graduates who have made the most significant and lasting impact on the Honors Program through their leadership. This year, the award was given to two May graduates: Keegan Oldani of Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Mairead Stotz of Crystal Lake, Illinois.
The Honors Program collaborated with Nebraska’s undergraduate colleges to recognize an Outstanding Honors Graduate from each college. The nine students who earned this award were selected based on their contributions to, and involvement with, both the Honors Program and their respective colleges.
Four students were also recognized for outstanding leadership within one of the Honors Program’s registered student organizations: Honors Ambassadors, Honors Program Student Advisory Board, Honors Peer Mentor Leaders and the Dr. Michael W. Combs Honors Scholars.
Finally, one student was recognized with the Honors Resilience Award, which acknowledges Honors graduates who have persisted and grown through adversity during their time at Nebraska to achieve at a high level both personally and academically.
Following is a list of Honors Program award winners by hometown. The information includes major(s), graduation term and the award won by each student.
- Alycia Timmerman, architecture, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Architecture
- Osvaldo Palma Vargas, sociology, May 2023, Combs Honors Scholar
- William Wilton, child, youth and family studies and secondary education, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Education and Human Sciences
- Sarah Altman, biological systems engineering, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Engineering
- Brett Foster, elementary education, December 2022, Outstanding Honors Ambassador
- Peter Greff, criminology and criminal justice, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: UNO College of Public Affairs and Community Service
- Zoe Keese, biochemistry, May 2023, Honors Resilience Award
- Kaylie Trumble, communication sciences and disorders, December 2022, Outstanding Honors Peer Mentor Leader
- Brannon Evans, theatre, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
- Allison Vana, elementary education, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Program Student Advisory Board Member
- Dulce Garcia, advertising and public relations, and journalism, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Journalism and Mass Communications
Crystal Lake, Illinois:
- Mairead Stotz, secondary English and theatre education, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Leadership Award
Overland Park, Kansas:
- Christie Seyl, psychology and biological sciences, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Arts and Sciences
- William Weiner, actuarial science, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Business
Ann Arbor, Michigan:
- Keegan Oldani, mathematics and mathematics education, May 2023, Outstanding Honors Leadership Award
Flower Mound, Texas:
- Anne Kluthe, environmental studies, December 2022, Outstanding Honors Graduate: College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources