Eleven Huskers have been named winners in the fifth week of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s voluntary COVID-19 Vaccine Registry giveaway.
Offered through Aug. 13, the weekly prize drawings are open to all students (undergraduate, graduate and professional-degree seeking) and university employees who are vaccinated against COVID-19 and register their status with the online registry. Eight prizes are awarded weekly, seven to students and one to faculty/staff.
Of the 11 awards announced Aug. 10, eight were new and three carried over from the drawing announced Aug. 3. The Aug. 10 winners, their college/department and prize are:
- Eric Schlautman, Engineering (Husker gear)
- Braedon Worman, Arts and Sciences (semester of monthly massages)
- Joseph Bruner, Arts and Sciences (Nebraska Innovation Studio membership)
- Jayden John, Arts and Sciences (weekly Dairy Store ice cream for two)
- Kevin Kielty, Arts and Sciences ($250 in Dining Dollars)
- Brittany Tyler, Business ($250 in Dining Dollars)
- Joseph Pinson, Arts and Sciences (smart watch)
- Marilyn Augustyn, grant coordinator, Engineering (semester of monthly massages)
Prizes from the drawing announced Aug. 3 have also been claimed. Those winners are:
- Elizabeth Pernicek, Architecture (semester of monthly massages)
- Saumen Poddar, Arts and Sciences (Nebraska Innovation Studio membership)
- Ayden Uerling, Engineering (weekly Dairy Store ice cream for two)
Announced June 23 by Chancellor Ronnie Green, the registry allows all vaccinated undergraduate, graduate and professional degree-seeking students, as well as faculty and staff, to record their status and earn an entry for prize giveaways. Participants also earn an exemption from university plans for regular saliva-based COVID-19 testing in the fall.
Participants are eligible for the weekly prize drawings, as well as grand prizes — which include (for all students) five awards worth a year of resident undergraduate tuition and fees ($9,872), and (for faculty/staff) a trip for two to watch the Husker football game in Ireland in August 2022.
Overall, the eight weekly drawings for smaller prizes (including meal plans, Husker gear, massages, free parking and Husker ticket packages) will continue through Aug. 13. The grand prize drawings will be held after Aug. 15. A full list of prizes is available here.
Winners are notified every Friday afternoon via email at the address provided via the voluntary vaccine registry. Those selected have 72 hours to respond to accept the prize award.
The registry allows users to submit name, NUID number, preferred email, affiliation with the university, details on vaccine type and dates received, and upload documentation. The registry is open to all students, faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated. All vaccines approved by the World Health Organization and recognized by the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department are accepted for the registry and the prize drawing. Details are available in the registry.
Details on vaccination availability can be found here.
More details on the university’s plans to return to primarily in-person, full-capacity instruction, the voluntary vaccine registry and weekly prize drawings are available on the university’s COVID-19 website.