The Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor has announced its annual selection of faculty who will attend two Big Ten Academic Alliance leadership programs this year.
Academic Leadership Program
- Steve Cooper, Chancellor’s Professor of Computer Science, Executive Director of the Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management
- Kwame Dawes, George W. Holmes University Professor of English, Glenna Luschei Editor of Prairie Schooner
- David Holding, Professor and Associate Department Head of Agronomy and Horticulture
- Debra A. Hope, Aaron Douglas Professor of Psychology, Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Graduate Education
- Oleh Khalimonchuk, Susan J. Rosowski Professor of Biochemistry, Director of Nebraska Redox Biology Center
- Yusong Li, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Associate Dean for Faculty and Inclusion in the College of Engineering
Fellows will attend a program that is a blend of in-person and virtual events, beginning with a seminar held at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Oct. 13-15 and concluding with an event at Pennsylvania State University in the spring. They will also participate in conversations on campus throughout the academic year learning about leadership and a broad range of topics including community engagement, diversity and inclusion, freedom of expression, challenging conversations, mental health, student success, and the social value of higher education.
Department Executive Officers Program
- Don Becker, Charles E. Bessey Professor and Chair, Department of Biochemistry
- David DiLillo, Willa Cather Professor and Chair, Department of Psychology
- Anne Duncan, Associate Professor of Classics and Chair, Department of Classics and Religious Studies
- Jonathan O’Brien, U.S. Bank Distinguished Professor of Business and Chair, Department of Management
- Loukia K. Sarroub, Marvin C. and Jane N. Nore Professor and Chair, Department of Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education
Fellows will attend a hybrid program of online sessions and an in-person seminar at the Big Ten Conference Center in Rosemont, Illinois. Program topics will cover conflict resolution, mentoring, faculty development, performance reviews, and group problem-solving.
Learn more about the programs and view past participants at Academic Leadership Program and Department Executive Officers Program. Contact Judy Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these leadership opportunities.