The agricultural product development company IntelliFarm is Nebraska Innovation Campus’ newest partner. Dan Duncan, executive director of NIC, said the company would move its corporate office into space on campus later this year.
The transfer of management of the University Health Center to Nebraska Medicine took another step toward completion with the announcement this week of a finalized agreement.
By seeing an old problem in a new light, UNL engineers have developed a simple and low-cost method for building detectors that pluck slivers of visible, infrared and ultraviolet wavelengths from the electromagnetic spectrum.
New UNL faculty are featured in the "2014-2015 New Faculty" brochure. The publication outlines detailed descriptions of each new faculty member, including areas of focus, representative publications, grants and awards.
In The News UNL in the National and Global Spotlight
- Times Reporter (New Philadelphia, Ohio): Dry conditions may bring early harvest for Tuscarawas County, Ohio
- Marketplace: AccuQuilt gallery exhibits features red and green quilts from UNL
- Dubuque (Iowa) Telegraph Herald: Ag education in Iowa classrooms
- The Associated Press: Student body president discusses new Nebraska "Good Samaritan" law for underage drinking.
- People Magazine: Gabrielle Union's anniversary vacation includes homage to the Huskers
Big Events on Campus
The Big Red welcome mat has extended into the Omaha and Lincoln airports as members of a new welcome team are greeting and assisting international students when they arrive in Nebraska. The program is part of a campuswide shift in how the university supports UNL's international students.
Chancellor Harvey Perlman will deliver his final State of the University address to faculty, staff, students and interested visitors on Sept. 30. The address begins at 11 a.m. at the Lied Center for Performing Arts, 301 N. 12th St.
This year the forum will welcome four well-known activists – Jose Antonio Vargas, Bill McKibben, Wes Moore and Sheryl WuDunn.